A national claims and engineering services company seeks a Civil / Structural / Architectural Engineer with California PE license. This is NOT an internship.
This is a permanent position with outstanding compensation and benefits package for the right candidate.
The Professional Engineer will perform engineering claims investigation work for insurance clients throughout the region. While a percentage of claims investigation work will relate to structural engineering, proficiency in other civil engineering branches (such as soils, drainage, pavement, and hydraulics) and architectural engineering projects is highly desired. The successful candidate will be required to communicate investigative findings and analysis both in writing and verbally, sometimes as courtroom testimony. .
- This Civil Engineer requires a business development component including acquiring new clients and presentations, including regular contact with existing and prospective clients
- Investigate an array of construction projects (civil/structural/architectural) as assigned to determine the cause and origin of failures, damages, incomplete and or defects; must be hands on
- Document existing site conditions using scaled sketches and/or diagrams, measurements, collection of evidence, and photographic documentation, as appropriate
- Utilizes appropriate engineering survey, monitoring, and measuring equipment,
- Analyze available data, develop conclusions and prepare accurate, clear, and concise investigative reports,
- Develop technical project proposals, presentations, and detailed budgets,
- Responsible for appropriate handling of records of assignments, referrals, follow-up with Claims Adjusters, interviews with property owners, witnesses, etc.