CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.
Be a part of something Special: Every professional aspires to be part of something special, to innovate and to change the world for the better; leaving their ideas and visions imprinted in the landscape for future generations to wonder â??howâ?? as they marvel at the scale & complexity in front of them.
Here at CH2M we are fortunate to work towards this every day, enhancing the lives of the communities around us and greatly improving infrastructure for business and the economy to compete and thrive.
Our Birmingham team have exciting opportunities across our portfolio including; High Speed 2, Programme Delivery Partner for Highways England, SMART/Major Motorways, Network Rail, Local Authority frameworks, Flood/Environmental frameworks and Major Ground Investigations.
The Role: We are looking for an Environment Advisor to support environmental assessment work (including associated assessments) developed for nationally significant infrastructure projects in accordance with organisational, sponsor and parliamentary requirements.
- Support Team environmental assessment requirements and deliverables. Ensure all client requirements are met
- Work collaboratively with other technical specialists including engineers, construction experts, architects, property advisors, environmental and sustainability specialists to achieve high quality integrated designs and develop appropriate and cost balanced mitigation strategies and solutions.
- Support the review and appraisal of all environmental deliverables produced by consultants to ensure compliance with the organisation technical and sponsor requirements
- Support technical stakeholder engagement via various different forums to obtain information to inform the development of the assessment and design and to ensure stakeholder environmental and sustainability requirements are understood and managed so as to minimise petition risk and to support the development of nationally significant infrastructure projects
- Working closely with Environment Managers, draft responses to general internal and external enquiries on environmental matters to ensure timely, consistent, robust and assured responses.
- Support Senior Environment Managers and Environment Managers on internal and external reporting of environmental matters.
- Ensure full audit trail of key decisions and compliant data management to enable effective petition management, efficient handling of enquiries and to ensure that statutory requirements are met.
- Working closely with Senior Environment Managers and Environment Managers, provide environmental support into relevant reports and briefings to enable robust decision making.
The Opportunity: CH2M are appointed as partners for nationally significant infrastructure projects where we work as an integrated team alongside our clients managing engineering and other professional services companies to deliver exciting schemes on time and within budget. Once in a lifetime opportunities to help deliver on world class projects.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental/ built environmental discipline.
Working towards membership of a relevant environmental/ built environmental organisation, CIWEM, IEMA, CIEM.
Experience of environmental assessment (EIA) on large scale projects.
Knowledge of environmental legislation and current best practice guidance.
Proven ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to engage with a range of stakeholders on sensitive environmental issues.
Strong IT skills and proven working ability to use Office based software, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, coupled with an aptitude towards learning and utilising new software. A good understanding of GIS, SharePoint and eB is also desirable.
Experience of preparing/ reviewing material for and attending public consultations.
Experience of working under tight deadlines.
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. Weâ??re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner â??Engineers without Bordersâ??, â??Water for Peopleâ?? and â??Bridges to Prosperityâ??. Weâ??re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womenâ??s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK who are willing to accept local employment contract conditions. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position or offer expatriate employment terms.
For further information please contact Dwight.Faulkner@c2m.com