CH2M is a global leader inconsulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complexchallenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trustedpartnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.
CH2M has an impressive and thriving Transport Planning business in the UK, with the responsibility of delivering a wide range of project work for strategic and local authority public sector clients. Our local clients include Transport Scotland, Glasgow City Council, City of Edinburgh Council and other Scottish local authorities through the Scotland Excel Framework. We also deliver work for strategic clients outside Scotland, such as Highways England, the Department for Transport, Transport for London, the National Transport Authority in Ireland, and key clients in our Middle East region.
We are looking to recruit an Associate/Associate Director to lead our transport modelling business in London/Swindon.
With a forward workload including work for Highways England, Transport for London and several Local Authorities across the UK, the role would involve managing standalone projects or technical work-streams within larger, multi-disciplinary projects.
As a key member of the local team, the role would include:
- Client liaison - listening, understanding and meeting our client needs
- Taking responsibility for technical delivery of work
- Managing the delivery of technical work
- Leadership of teams delivering either standalone projects or as part of a larger multi-disciplinary project.
- Responsibility for mentoring and developing junior staff
- Assisting/leading the preparation of bids and marketing material
- Managing the financial / commercial requirements of projects in accordance with CH2Mâ??s policies and procedures
- Utilising a strong technical background to maintain and develop the team's skills and identify opportunities for development and research
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Degree qualified
- Considerable Transport Modelling experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficiency and experience of transport appraisal using WebTAG
- Knowledge and experience of data analysis within a transport context
- Experienced project manager
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bidding experience
- Mentoring and development of junior staff
- Knowledge and experience of a range of strategic transport modelling packages such as SATURN, CUBE, EMME, VISUM, DIADEM
- Knowledge and experience of a range of transport appraisal tools such as TUBA, COBA-LT, QUADRO, MyRIAD.
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. Weâ??re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner â??Engineers without Bordersâ??, â??Water for Peopleâ?? and â??Bridges to Prosperityâ??. Weâ??re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womenâ??s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.