CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.
Be a part of something Special: Every professional aspires to be part of something special, to innovate and to change the world for the better; leaving their ideas and visions imprinted in the landscape for future generations to wonder â??howâ?? as they marvel at the scale & complexity in front of them.
Here at CH2M we are fortunate to work towards this every day, enhancing the lives of the communities around us and greatly improving infrastructure for business and the economy to compete and thrive.
Our Birmingham team have exciting opportunities across our portfolio including; High Speed 2, Programme Delivery Partner for Highways England, SMART/Major Motorways, Network Rail, Local Authority frameworks, Flood/Environmental frameworks and Major Ground Investigations.
- At the point of receipt, ensure data and documentation is compliant for format, document numbering and revision
- Prioritise the training of individuals, groups and teams in the document control system
- Action all distribution and administration of deliverable documentation using the document control systems and project collaboration system
- File all received and, where applicable, project-accepted electronic documentation in the SharePoint shared and published areas thereby establishing defined base of deliverable records
- Produce management reporting in line with management requirements to demonstrate delivery and review status
- Complete transmittals and records for all programme deliverables
- Support and training the programme personnel in understanding and delivering a document managed approach for record and evidence management
- Provide metadata outputs to service project controls requirements
- Set up and maintain hard copy filing of deliverable documentation as required
Measures of success
- Maintenance of document control systems
- All document management systems are aligned, and communicated with programme personnel
- Document control operates as efficient, integrated unit able to withstand peaks and troughs of activity
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Experience of working in team; used to handling simultaneous requests for support Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook Experience of training people in the EDMS system Knowledge of automated document control systems, but an open ability to learn and adapt Experience in an document control environment and knowledge of document control practices is desirable Knowledge of information and quality control requirements and systems is desirable
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. Weâ??re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner â??Engineers without Bordersâ??, â??Water for Peopleâ?? and â??Bridges to Prosperityâ??. Weâ??re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womenâ??s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK who are willing to accept local employment contract conditions. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position or offer expatriate employment terms.
For further information please contact: Louise.Symons@ch2m.com