**To apply for this position, please visit our website www.augustaga.gov and click on Career Opportunities**
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of recent experience directly in the areas of planning and managing fiscal, purchasing, and accounting operation including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity. The candidate shall possess a strong combination of highly technical skills and management skills in accounting, finance, human resources and enterprise funds accounting & audits.
Certification: Possess CPA certification
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of accounting, finance, budgeting, personnel management and HR matters
- Familiarity with concepts of accounting for investigating government funds.
- Proficiency in principles of financial management and accounting systems.
- Mastery of interpreting relevant federal, state, and local laws and ordinances, department regulations, and City policy & procedures.
- Workable experience in regards to utility accounting, bond covenants, utility rate assessment, inventory control, receivable collections, and billings and collections
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and supervise and train junior staff.
- Supervise and train designated subordinate personnel.
- Possess or have ability to obtain a valid state operator/driver's license for the type vehicle or equipment operated.
Depending upon area of assignment:
Positions in this class typically require: walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Work is performed in an office setting.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.