Associate Civil Engineer – (Pipeline)
$9,105.20 - $11,653.20 per month - based on a seven-step plan
$109,262.40- $ 139,838.40 annually - based on a seven-step plan
This position will serve as the Engineer-of-Record and sign, stamp and date pipeline engineering plans, specifications and other technical documents. Will perform complex pipeline engineering designs as well as develop and prepare standards, technical documents and specifications. Will serve in a supervisory capacity, lead, direct, oversee and participate in the work of professional engineering staff on pipeline design teams for the preparation of pipeline engineering studies, reports, designs, and construction plans and specifications in the planning and design; and provide engineering support during construction. Will provide training to lower level engineering staff as well as technical support. Will provide quality control reviews of pipeline engineering design submittals to ensure work quality and adherence to professional codes, standards and District specifications. May represent the District in inter-agency coordination relating to pipeline projects. Will provide quality control and technical reviews of engineering design submittals. The position may negotiate and administer consultant and professional service contracts and agreements as assigned.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform pipeline engineering designs including research, investigations, design analysis and calculations, engineering reports, studies, feasibility, and cost/benefit analysis, etc. Prepare pipeline project engineering plans, specifications, cost estimates and other technical documents.
- Provide quality control and technical reviews of engineering design submittals to ensure work quality and adherence to professional codes, standards and specifications.
- Provide engineering support during construction including design changes, submittal review, request for information, change orders, field inspections for construction projects for conformance and compliance to contract documents.
- Perform supervisory duties which may include organizing, directing, leading, planning, scheduling, assigning and reviewing the work of staff and provide training and technical support to lower level staff.
- Serve as the Engineer-of-Record (responsible charge) and sign, stamp and date pipeline project engineering plans, specifications and other technical documents.
Ideal candidate's background includes:
- Worked on pipeline engineering projects 7+ years.
- Signed and stamped engineering designs including pipeline engineering documents.
- Prepared plans, specifications, technical documents and cost estimates.
- Quality control/review of project and pipeline engineering.
- Codes, specifications, standards and other industrial requirements.
- Use of engineering software to design, prepare drawings and specifications.