The principal function of this position is to undertake structural design work, provide technical support and leadership to the project design teams, manage projects or packages of works and support business development activities, as required within the Ports and Maritime business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a senior designer, design checker, design package manager, and approver as appropriate.
- Technical Reviewer.
- Carrying out detailed engineering design, including computer-based structural analysis, preparation of calculations, drawings and the necessary documentation for ports and maritime related projects
- Preparing study reports, contract documents and assisting with management of tender process
- Providing input to bids and contributing to work winning activities
- Guiding and mentoring of graduate/assistant engineers
- Liaison with client and other external parties, as required.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Candidates should have a proven record of experience in the field of ports and maritime civil engineering undertaking designs and structural analysis for concrete and/or steel marine structure such as piled jetties, dolphins, berthing structures, walkways, sheetpiled quay walls and wharves and various forms of earth retaining and gravity marine structures.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven record of carrying out structural analysis using computer based structural analysis software such as SAP.
- Experience in design of infrastructure works for ports and terminals
- Experience in designing to Eurocodes
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Pro-active, willing to take responsibility, an interest in mentoring and developing technical talent and a team player.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelors degree in civil or structural engineering from a reputable university
- Chartered / Professional engineer status with a recognised professional institution such as MICE or MIStructE
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. Weâ??re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level ***CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner â??Engineers without Bordersâ??, â??Water for Peopleâ?? and â??Bridges to Prosperityâ??. Weâ??re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womenâ??s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.