At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a QC Supervisor to join our Care Chemicals group. The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial and institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The high-performance product portfolio of the division includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets.
Further information is available at: www.care-chemicals.basf.com.
QC Supervisor (1604137) – East Setauket, NY
You will oversee and prioritize product testing in the following areas according to established procedures and production timelines: Raw Materials Release Testing, In Process Release Testing, Final Product Release Testing, Stability Testing, Retain Samples Testing, Client Samples Testing, Complaint Investigation Testing, Validation Studies, Production Support and Equipment Release Testing.
Additionally, you will ensure part 211 compliance throughout the Chemistry and Microbiology Laboratories, as well as supervises all aspects of the Quality Control Laboratories to assure its operation within cGMP guidelines throughout the entire testing process, including receiving, handling, testing and reporting thus assuring the quality of our finished product.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Coach, mentor and develop the Quality Control Department consisting of a Chemistry and Microbiology laboratory technicians (6-7 employees).
- Ensure the integrity of work and data with respect to department standards, policies and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Assign and coordinate employee daily tasks to ensure the timely testing of raw materials, products and environmental samples in compliance with SOPs and GMP requirements.
- Review and/or write Standard Operating Procedures; recommendations for improvement to new and current method and specifications; investigations of out-of-specification results or deviations; maintenance of the laboratory equipment in compliance with SOPs and GMP requirements.
- Execute and coordinate of projects to support goals such as method, instrument, process and cleaning validation studies.
- Maintain adequate laboratory supplies to meet operational expectations and ensure that deviations do not occur due to lack of supplies or employee training.
- Maintain the laboratory safety and hazardous material disposal program to support of environmental Health and Safety guidelines.
- Maintain qualification and calibration of all required instrumentation preventing compliance issues from occurring and for preparing and managing the QC Budget.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
We not only provide value to our customers, but to you as well. Through you@BASF, our total offer, you can discover and take advantage of the benefits, perks and other opportunities that best suit you and your family’s needs, no matter where you are in your career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The “Total Rewards” that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. In addition to your base salary and incentive program, you receive a competitive array of health and insurance benefits that typically represent a significant portion of your overall compensation. You also have retirement benefits that include generous company-matching contributions to help you save for the retirement you’ve been dreaming of, and much more.
What’s more, we believe that learning never stops. By working for a large, global organization, you’ll have an opportunity to develop your skills and build your network in myriad ways. You will build your knowledge of the many industries we serve and sharpen your skills in developing and refining sales strategies that align with current and future needs of the markets we serve.
Finally, we know that your life is about more than work, which is why we offer flexible work options that can be designed in partnership with your manager to best meet the needs of the business and your personal needs.
Don’t just join us for a job, join us for a career! Come create chemistry with us!
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Chemistry, Biology or related discipline ; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of related laboratory experience required
- Familiarity with GMP experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience required. Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of document systems, analytical methods and instrumentation preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, proactive, able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Ability to enforce policies, to prioritize work to meet deadlines, support client base of various functional areas and at various levels within the organization is also required.
- Must be willing and able to travel 5% of the time.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
To apply, please visit http://on.basf.com/2hmUbKw
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.