| CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.|
CH2M has an impressive and thriving Transport Planning business in the UK, with the responsibility of delivering a wide range of project work for strategic and local authority public sector clients. Our local clients include Warrington Borough Council, Merseytravel and Transport for Greater Manchester. We also deliver work for strategic clients such as Highways England, the Department for Transport, Transport for London, the National Transport Authority in Ireland, and key clients in our Middle East region.
As a Senior Transort Planner you will work with established transport economics, planning and modelling teams, with a strong forward workload and track record of success. The right candidate will work with these teams in delivering high profile projects for key clients, both locally and across the world. You will also be responsible for managing and developing the skills of transport planners and graduates, with an emphasis on economic appraisal and transport modelling.
Some of the key projects being delivered from our Warrington office include:
- A9 Dualling, A82 Tarbet to Inverarnan upgrade, and Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route
- Transport Scotlandâ??s Traffic and Transport Advisor and Auditor (TTAA), Development Planning and Management Advisor and Auditor (DPMAA), and Design Standards Advisor (DSA) frameworks
- Lower Thames Crossing, A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon and Smart Motorway ITS programme for Highways England
- Transport planning services for Crossrail 2
- Traffic modelling services for Highways England
The role and responsibilities are:
- Management and technical delivery of appraisal projects
- Provision of technical advice to internal team members and clients
- Technical contributions to projects across the UK and further afield
- Training and mentoring of team members
- Quality assurance and peer review of scheme appraisal work
- Contributions to work-winning
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
You will offer us the following skills and experience:
- Evidence of being able to manage projects and tasks to an agreed scope of work and to time and budget requirements
- Experience in the economic appraisal of schemes; preparation of business cases and transport modelling
- Proven capability in data analysis
- Knowledge of industry standards and guidance including WebTAG and DMRB
- Good report writing skills
- Good communication skills, including an ability to communicate technical analysis to a non-technical audience
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. Weâ??re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner â??Engineers without Bordersâ??, â??Water for Peopleâ?? and â??Bridges to Prosperityâ??. Weâ??re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womenâ??s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.