| CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.|
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Transport Planner/Modeller to contribute to the work we undertake from our offices in Birmingham and Worcester.
CH2M has an impressive and thriving Transport Planning business in the United Kingdom, with the responsibility of delivering a wide range of project work for strategic and local authority public sector clients. Our Clients include the Department for Transport, HS2 Limited, Transport for London, Crossrail, the Highways Agency and Network Rail as well as a number of local authorities through Frameworks such as Bristol City Council and Worcestershire County Council. We also deliver a range of project work for private developers and transport operators, representing all modes and types of infrastructure.
The principal function of this position is to undertake:
- Transport planning, modelling and analysis tasks and management of project delivery
- The application of macro-transport planning software
- The delivery of transport projects and tasks to defined scope, budgets and timescales.
- Development of innovative modelling applications and procedures
Candidates will be part of a regionally based transport planning team, for project work the candidates will report to individual project managers
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Proven interest in transport planning
- Evidence of being able to deliver diligently to an agreed scope of work and to time and budget requirements
- Proven capability in the use of transport planning software, such as VISUM and SATURN
- Knowledge and experience of WebTAG, Highways England and Transport for London guidance and procedures
- Proven capability in data analysis
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. Weâ??re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner â??Engineers without Bordersâ??, â??Water for Peopleâ?? and â??Bridges to Prosperityâ??. Weâ??re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womenâ??s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.