To provide leadership in Quality Assurance by ensuring that the company meets or exceeds customer requirements by developing, improving and maintaining a consistent methodology for compliance and continuous improvement. Focus areas include the Management of Quality Business System, Production Quality, Supplier Quality, and Quality related Continuous Improvement Processes.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manages, improves and maintains the Quality Business System:
- Management representative for the ISO 9001 Certification Program;
- Develop and deploy quality initiatives ensuring success of business goals and objectives;
- Provides leadership for continuous improvement and overall management of the company’s Quality Business System ensuring compliance with corporate requirements, current ISO 9001 requirements and all other applicable quality standards;
- Manage the Internal Audit Process;
- Management of the Corrective and Preventive Action System.
- Production Quality
- Interact with Production Management to ensure in-process quality requirements are met;
- Provides statistical analysis, support and expertise
- Provides the new product development with the appropriate resources to execute initiatives (procedures, identifying critical to quality requirements, sampling and quality plans, certifications);
- Support the Strategic Business Units;
- Coordinate product testing support for the organization;
- Oversee capability studies on manufacturing equipment, completes equipment installation run-offs, gage R&R studies, process FMEA efforts, and DOE activities.
- Supplier Quality
- Completes Supplier/Customer capability assessments;
- Support Supplier Development to ensure Suppliers meet documented requirements;
- Communicates with suppliers concerning FPA, PPAP, SCAR and CI activities;
- Interface with Materials Management.
- Regulatory Certification Maintenance
- Maintains an understanding of all certifying agency standards that are applicable to the company’s products;
- Coordinate and receive external agency inspection audits;
- Ensure any applicable standards requirements are accurately reflected in product designs
- Validate certification testing to ensure compliance and approval from governing bodies (ANSI, CSA, NSF,UL) as required;
- Provide QA support on new product ideation teams.
- Support domestic or international Codes and Standards activities as required.
- Quality Management Support
- Lead in the In-Process and Supplier Material Review Board Meetings;
- Make decisions using Acceptance Criteria and Product Specifications regarding quality of the products;
- Interact regularly with all departments to establish and maintain quality standards.
- Actively participate in Lean Daily Management and CIOS meetings.
- Provides leadership and performance management for the Quality Department
- Develops, updates, and reviews performance plans;
- Performs supervisory functions;
- Manage and control QA Budget.
- Manage quality related Continuous Improvement Processes:
- Manage and instruct Green Belt and Black Belt Programs;
- Mentor Green Belt students;
- Lead and participate in lean kaizen events.
- Communicate to the Leadership Team improvement ideas, status of projects and other information needed for success.
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Collaborate Across Workgroups
- Communicate Effectively
- Deliver High Quality Work
- Drive for Results
- Focus on the Customer
- Initiate Positive Change
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering, manufacturing, or business area required;
- Must have 5-7 years’ experience with the use and implementation of Total Quality concepts in a manufacturing environment;
- Must have 5-7 years management experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Must have 5-7 years Six Sigma experience and training. MBB, BB, or GB certification preferred;
- Prior experience with the implementation and use of Lean Tools, Statistical Process Control, and Advanced Analytical Techniques are required;
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering, lean, six sigma and quality principles, concepts, practices, and theories;
- Computer proficiency on Microsoft Office and statistical packages (Minitab preferred);
- Ability to work with Customer/Supplier representatives for all quality related issues;
- Excellent organizational skills with focus on detail;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, or other design related software. Must have experience in basic Metrology and Calibration.
- Direct reports?
- Ensure company policies are followed.
- Enforce company safety policies.