Culligan of West Bend, WI is a successful dealership with values based on integrity, safety, teamwork, and continuous improvement dedicated to exceeding customer and employee expectations. Our dealerships are locally run by employees who are a part of the communities that they serve. We offer the best drinking water and the largest variety of water treatment products and services available for your home or business. Culligan products are built to last and are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee as well as the best trained and experienced employees in the industry.
Packard Culligan, the industry leader in commercial and residential water conditioning, is seeking a General Manager to oversee the sales, operations and office function in our West Bend,WI dealership. Our next leader will be responsible for exceeding growth and revenue goals while ensuring friendly and prompt customer service is provided to our customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain new customers, improve customer satisfaction and retention
- Dealership growth through net gain in units and service, key revenue and total revenue.
- Hire and develop sales staff, and coach/manage Household, Bottled Water/Bottle Free, and Commercial & Industrial sales performance to ensure company growth.
- Support an “everyone sells” culture.
- Increase net promoter and customer net gain scores through continuous improvement on Company customer service and customer retention standards
- Actively promote and support our commitment to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Promote a positive Culligan image by staying well connected in the community.
- Create and maintain a positive workforce environment conducive to enhanced employee morale, productivity and creativity.
- Communicate regularly and honestly with employees to encourage an open exchange of information and build a team committed to satisfying our customers.
- Maintain a safe fleet for our employees to operate and a safe, clean work environment that is in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and company regulations and procedures.
- Ensure professional employee conduct and courtesy are displayed in interactions with customers and employees.
- Maintain appropriate staffing level, workload distribution, and employee skills necessary to best serve customers and meet business needs.
- Together with the employee, develop realistic performance objectives tied to the dealership’s goals. Hold regular discussions regarding progress, take appropriate steps to support attainment of goals.
- Maintain and safeguard the company’s assets (building, fleet, inventory, records, equipment, etc.)
- Responsible for safe, efficient operation and preventive maintenance of the facility.
- Review and control expenses.
- Set and maintain appropriate rates and pricing structure.
- Prepare annual budget/plans, regularly review actual performance vs. plan, analyze variances, and take action necessary to achieve goals.
- Reports to an Area Manager, and serves on a team of other Area Managers and General Managers.
- Directly supervises Office Manager, delivery, installation and sales staff.
- Frequent interaction with corporate staff and other company employees located in Minnesota, and other locations.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience managing a sales, marketing and/or operations function, including a successful record of managing sales performance, preferably in a water conditioning/route service industry. Previous experience as a General Manager strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a for-profit organization and creating business plans for respective areas of responsibility.
- Experience managing other employees within multiple departments strongly preferred.
- Ability to use a personal computer or other technology for email, work processing, spreadsheet management and other business related software.
- Team leader with excellent interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain WQA Certified Water Specialist (CWS) designation, Action Selling certification, and any other required certifications
About Packard Culligan and why it is GREAT to work here:
The Packard Culligan group of dealerships is a family owned company with values based on integrity, safety, teamwork, and continuous improvement dedicated to exceeding customer and employee expectations. Our dealerships are locally run by employees who are a part of the communities that they serve. We offer the best drinking water and the largest variety of water treatment products and services available for your home or business. Culligan products are built to last and are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee as well as the best trained and experienced service technicians in the industry.
Employees of Culligan are offered a competitive hourly rate, plus eligibility for employee incentives; a positive, supportive work environment; an excellent comprehensive benefits plan which includes a wellness program; opportunity for advancement and growth within the organization; challenges for learning more about the business and how to improve yourself, as well as the company; and to be part of successful and growing business!