ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as a staff specialist/consultant in industrial wastewater treatment:
- Solving complex or unusual problems using innovative techniques.
- Acting as technical advisor to junior professional staff.
- Serving on multidisciplinary Project Teams as a capable and efficient professional.
Serves as Project Manager with the following management duties:
- Works with others to develop detailed work plans consisting of quality criteria, manpower budgets, and schedules.
- Is responsible for communications with client, outside consultants, and in?house personnel. Conducts project meetings and documents outcomes and action items. Attends and conducts presentations to clients and outside agencies.
- Monitors project progress, anticipates roadblocks, solves problems, and resolves confrontations with Project Team. Motivates Project Team and promotes team unity. Submits weekly resources requirements by COB Thursday.
- Works with other Project Managers to accommodate changes and adjustments in individual project budget or schedule requirements and overall corporate schedule and personnel assignment conflicts.
- Reviews reports, drawings, computations, model results, and other project documents for technical accuracy, quality, general conformance to project criteria and FTN standards.
- Prepares project final reports and close?out packages. Reports project performance and problems and evaluates project performance of individual staff members. Schedules and conducts post project critique.
- Responsible for monthly invoicing and progress reports. Follows up on delinquent accounts.
Responsible for marketing industrial wastewater treatment projects:
- Meets clients and determines their needs
- Develops and implements a marketing plans
- Makes presentations to clients
- Maintains good relationships with clients after projects are finished to identify and market future work for the client
Develops, with the aid of others, detailed proposals consisting of technical approach, work plan, schedules, manpower budgets, qualifications, and quality criteria within assigned budgets and schedules. Proposals must meet FTN standards for quality and presentation (includes writing skills).
Communicates project and company related information to clients and in-house personnel:
- Writes letters, memos, technical reports, and summaries
- Orally communicates project findings in meetings
- Presentations at technical and civic functions
Participates in Company planning and management by attending Corporate Planning meetings, by completing special assignments and by recommending changes/improvements to FTN's operations.
Efficient time management to achieve allocated share of FTN goals for utilization rate and billable hours.
Supervises assigned technical staff including:
- Career planning and technical development.
- Performance evaluations.