CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.
Be a part of something Special: Every professional aspires to be part of something special, to innovate and to change the world for the better; leaving their ideas and visions imprinted in the landscape for future generations to wonder â??howâ?? as they marvel at the scale & complexity in front of them.
Here at CH2M we are fortunate to work towards this every day, enhancing the lives of the communities around us and greatly improving infrastructure for business and the economy to compete and thrive.
Our Birmingham team have exciting opportunities across our portfolio including; High Speed 2, Programme Delivery Partner for Highways England, SMART/Major Motorways, Network Rail, Local Authority frameworks, Flood/Environmental frameworks and Major Ground Investigations.
The Role: We are looking for Senior Environment Managers to manage the environmental assessment work for nationally significant infrastructure projects.
- Lead a small team on environmental assessment activities, provide client leadership and guidance developing environmental design solutions for nationally significant greenfield & brownfield infrastructure projects.
- Manage environmental consultants requirements in an effective manner, working collaboratively with client & project teams.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams & specialists to ensure high level integrated designs are achieved and sustainability is incorporated.
- Be a key client & stakeholder point of contact and an interface for consultants working on environmental impact assessments (EIA).
- Review, appraise, audit environmental deliverables ensuring robust / compliant assessments & solutions are presented to all stakeholders including client & governing bodies.
- Provide expert witness on environmental aspects including EIA, EQIA, TA and manage FOI, EIR & PQ enquiries.
The Opportunity: CH2M are appointed as partners for nationally significant infrastructure projects where we work as an integrated team alongside our clients managing engineering and other professional services companies to deliver exciting schemes on time and within budget. Once in a lifetime opportunities to help deliver on world class projects.
At CH2M, we are constantly striving to further enhance our team resources. We are therefore interested in experienced engineering, environmental & other project professionals, offering significant career prospects, competitive packages, benefits & share options. The opportunity is there to work alongside talented colleagues and collaborative senior management. We continually look to further enhance CH2Mers capability through diverse and challenging work as well as training, development plans & mentorships.The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant environmental discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience of managing environmental assessment (EIA / ES) and design on large or complex infrastructure/ engineering projects at planning & consent stage.
- Proven knowledge of EU and UK environment legislation and current best practice guidance.
- Proven ability managing individuals & consultants, working across multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong ability & awareness to discuss environmental issues with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of GIS, SharePoint would be desirable.
- Experience of preparing reviewing material for and attending public consultations
- Experience of working under extremely tight deadlines and in a constantly changing project environment.
- Membership of a relevant environmental organisation would be a plus (IEMA, SIAM, CIWEM).
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. Weâ??re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner â??Engineers without Bordersâ??, â??Water for Peopleâ?? and â??Bridges to Prosperityâ??. Weâ??re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womenâ??s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK who are willing to accept local employment contract conditions. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position or offer expatriate employment terms.
For further information please contact Allan.Clark@ch2m.com