Applications are being accepted for the position of Stormwater Quality Specialist in the Stormwater Section, Engineering Division, at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. Starting wage is $19.62 - $22.55, DOE.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Stormwater Quality Specialist (SWQS) performs professional/technical work supporting the implementation of ACHD’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit programs.
- The primary duties of the SWQS position include the development, coordination, and implementation of ACHD’s NPDES Stormwater Infrastructure and Street Management, Education and Outreach, and stormwater related Geographic information Systems (GIS) programs and activities.
- The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of stormwater management techniques, watershed processes and planning, pollutant attenuation and mitigation as it relates to Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs), and use of GIS to analyze and evaluate the MS4. A strong understanding and skill set associated with the use of asset management and GIS is preferred.
- The ability to understand and interpret federal, state, and local environmental regulations, prepare and edit technical reports, and communicate effectively orally and in writing is required. The ability to present technical information in non-technical terms to the general public is desired.
- Must possess a valid Idaho driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Access, and GIS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Physical, or Biological Science, or Environmental Engineering and four (4) years of environmental science or stormwater quality experience with an emphasis in regulatory programs as they relate to stormwater management is preferred.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to HR by 4:30 p.m., March 2, 2017. Applications are available at 3775 N. Adams; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations