CH2M are looking for senior individuals to join their Transport Economics/Advisory team in London to provide leadership and technical expertise over projects within economic appraisal, demand forecasting, cost benefit analysis, and operating cost forecasting.
CH2Mâ??s thriving Transport Planning & Advisory (TP&A) business provides advice to public and private sector organisations in both the UK and overseas. Within this business, we are looking to recruit an Associate Director with proven skills in transport economics and forecasting for advisory work. The right individual for this key leadership role will help to develop our business further and deliver projects for key clients - including Transport for London, Department for Transport, Highways England, Financiers and Transport Operators. Key projects include high-profile rail franchising Technical Advisor roles for DfT, Crossrail 2 business case development for TfL and the economic and transport case for the Â£5 billion Lower Thames Crossing highways project - and a range of private finance projects.
We are looking for a candidate with proven experience in the leadership and technical delivery of projects, and management of activities involving one or more of the following; economic appraisal, demand forecasting, cost benefit analysis, and operating cost forecasting.
Working as part of the joint senior leadership group within the Economics and Transport Planning Teams within TP&A. Depending on the candidate, responsibilities will include:
- Technical project leader, with frequent client contact as the key point of contact
- Maintenance and development of client relationships
- Developing business and winning work from key clients, particularly in the private sector/transaction
- Coaching and management of junior and mid-level staff
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Experience of leading and delivering transport economics and forecasting activities, including advisory projects on major transactions
- Proven understanding of industry standard approaches to economic appraisal and forecasting such as WebTAG and PDFH
- Highly numerate, with strong track record in developing/managing complex spreadsheet models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver technical outputs on time and on budget
- Understanding of the UK transport industry and roles of the various organisations
- Demonstrable ability to develop client relationships, with proven commercial acumen
- Ambition to play a key role in the development of the business moving forward
- Demonstrable experience of taking senior leadership roles in teams in a project environment
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. Weâ??re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner â??Engineers without Bordersâ??, â??Water for Peopleâ?? and â??Bridges to Prosperityâ??. Weâ??re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womenâ??s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.