| Due to an increase in workload, we are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer for our London office. You will work on the geotechnical aspects of multidisciplinary projects, contributing to the design of a variety of geotechnical structures. You will liaise with teams of varying complexity and size.|
Geotechnical engineers in CH2M enjoy the opportunity to work on an exciting mix of high profile civil engineering and infrastructure projects, at national and international level.
You will undertake project work involving all elements of geotechnical design / construction issues, providing technical input within that field as part of a multi-disciplinary team, or working separately on particular aspects of geotechnical design/construction providing high quality advice to the CH2M team & clients. There would also be the need to support bids with technical and other input. The responsibilities would include:
- Planning, supervision and interpretation of ground investigations
- Preparation of technical specifications.
- Geotechnical calculations and design work
- Preparation of technical reports
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Candidates will have the following qualifications:
- First Degree in Civil Engineering or a ground engineering related subject
- MSc in Soil Mechanics/Geotechnical Engineering/Engineering Geology
- Chartered or approaching chartered status with the ICE or CGeol
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge.
- Effective communicator
- Possessing robust numeracy
- Good problem solver and analytical thinker
- Excellent team player
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Range of technical and some managerial capabilities
- Self motivated and able to work under own initiative
- A high degree of oral and written communication skills is required; ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and lucid way to all levels
- Innovative engineer looking to develop technical and management skills and willing to tackle any challenge
- Understands the related regulatory and/or industry requirements and practices
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. Weâ??re full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner â??Engineers without Bordersâ??, â??Water for Peopleâ?? and â??Bridges to Prosperityâ??. Weâ??re STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womenâ??s engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.