About the Company
GCC (Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua) is a world-class company that produces, distributes and markets aggregate materials, cement, ready-mixed concrete, and innovative products related to the construction industries in Mexico and the United States. We take pride in being a market leader with a culture of innovation, high performance and impeccable safety. Join the family! This position is located at the GCC Energy coal mine in Hesperus, CO.
What You Will Do
As Automation Technician at the Hesperus, CO Energy and Operations plant (coal mine), you will perform instrumentation activities pertaining to automation, reliability standards, inspection, preventive maintenance, and continuous improvement. This position has responsibility and oversight of all mining related systems (process control system, automated systems, network/IT support and miner tracking system). Reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Additionally, you will:
- Inspect, test, adjust, repair and update mine process control system to ensure continuous operations and compliance (MSHA guidelines, National Electrical Codes, etc.).
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of instrumentation and automated systems, detect abnormalities and perform repairs.
- Plan and oversee installation & maintenance of process control projects and improvements.
- Prepare and maintain all schematic and control drawings, sketches and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits and systems.
- Maintain plant process control system including PLC programs and HMI screens for the plant.
- Support Automated Lab system, including human-machine interface and PLC’s (hardware and software).
- Remove defective instruments from system, decontaminate, disassemble and clean instruments, and replace defective parts.
- Reassemble instruments and replace instruments in system.
- Act as a liaison between the plant control system and the IT (Information Technology) Department.
- Advise and consult with Maintenance Superintendent on abnormal operations, production, quality control, schedules and maintenance problems.
- Calibrate readings on instruments according to standards, with the support and supervision of Maintenance Superintendent and make necessary adjustments.
- Support the Business Units with the plant process control system, reviewing equipment start sequences and equipment interlocking, alarm and shutdown set points.
- Create work requests, enter time in work orders, and look up spare parts and inventory.
- Comply with state and federal health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures and the company's environmental compliance policy. Company policies may include: lockout/tag out policy, confined space permit policy, hot work policy, emergency response plan, arc flash/shock and burn protection, proper containment and disposal process.