As a principal engineer for supplier quality you will provide quality planning, control, and improvement support for global procurement & supply chain, engineering and manufacturing to assure Oshkosh Corporation product quality meets the customers' expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Verify supplier manufacturing processes (PFMEA, Control Plans, Cpk and Ppk studies, etc.) for stability and control.
2. Facilitate Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) techniques with suppliers and internal stakeholders
3. Monitors and facilitates quality activities for Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). Verifies process control, capability and sustainability of the supplier.
4. Investigate supplier quality issues concerning products and/or processes.
5. Execute standard supplier quality processes to facilitate issue resolution and validation
6. Gather and analyze internal and external data to help identify exposure, impact, root causes and corrective actions
7. Perform supplier certification through the Global Supplier Quality Audit
8. Support the Global Supplier Quality Council through continuous improvement.
9. Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required. Estimated Travel expectations – 50-75%