OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE:
|*Please note: This position is a 1 year fixed term however, there is a possibility of an extension of the end-date or conversion to an on-going position. |
**A resume and cover letter are required, along with the online application, in order to be considered for this position.
Under general direction, to initiate, manage, and coordinate the development of the Neighborhood Traffic Mitigation Program (NTMP) including budget, staffing and project implementation and community engagement for selected neighborhoods and streets and to facilitate community engagement and planning for other Transportation projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
|1. Initiates and coordinates the overall management, planning, preparation and implementation of Neighborhood Traffic Mitigation Program projects which includes the following: |
- Develops and manages project scopes, timetables, and annual program for the NTMP
- Under direction of the NTMP guidelines, assess, initiate and manage individual NTMP projects
- Conducts public processes, which genuinely influence the design, and develop community support for, the specific NTMP projects.
- Obtains feedback from the public and transfers that information to relevant staff to inform the project or city staff of questions, issues, preferences and concerns and responds to it in a manner which builds a relationship of trust and reliability between the work group and the community member and the public in general.
- Administers the program budget which covers staffing and individual projects
- Understands the mission and services provided by the Transportation Division to actively promote them to the community.
- Remains aware of sensitive or political issues related to Transportation.
- Coordinates measures of effectiveness to evaluate projects/programs.
2. Supports the preparation of planning and community engagement processes for other transportation projects and related information often involving major and/or minor impacts and/or working with multi-multi-departmental staffs. This includes the following:
- Assesses and initiates Transportation project planning to implement the Division's planning and capital improvement program and other transportation projects implementing the city's Transportation Master Plan (TMP) and achieve City Council goals.
- Conducts community engagement processes, which genuinely influence the design, and develop community support for, specific planning and capital improvement projects/programs.
- Coordinate with the City's Public Works/Planning Housing and Sustainability Communications team to develop and manage community outreach and communications plans, production/dissemination of a variety of materials for outreach purposes including but not limited to mailing pieces, press releases, articles, radio advertising spots, newsletters, video, department websites and all web-based outreach media and social media.
- Coordinates the weekly and periodic communication updates of construction project impacts to the travelling public.
- Assists in the preparation of Transportation Advisory Board and City Council meetings and study sessions materials regarding Transportation issues and topics. Preparation includes drafting and assembling presentation materials and documents.
3. Updates job knowledge regarding innovative approaches to neighborhood traffic mitigation, transportation planning and community engagement methods, technical analyses, and problem solving and regional and local transportation issues, and the Transportation Master Plan. Remains aware of and is sensitive to community issues impacting long-range projects.
4. Identifies issues and makes recommendations for long term Transportation planning and projects. Coordinates Transportation planning and design with other City departments/divisions including Transportation Division work groups, Parks and Recreation Department, Planning, Housing and Sustainability Department, Development Review, Police Department and Fire Department.