Performs position duties in a manner that promotes the cooperative and collaborative nature of the Albany Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO). Engages in effective working relationships with member agency staff and staff of the Cascades West Area Commission on Transportation (CWACT) and Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT). Demonstrates positive acceptance of constructive feedback and suggestions, in an effort to strengthen work performance. Contributes to a positive, respectful and productive work atmosphere. Regular attendance is required to meet the demands of this job and to provide necessary services.
- Prepares and manages the MPO’s adopted plans and policies, including the Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP), the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP), the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), and the Public Participation Plan (PPP).
- Prepares, manages, and monitors the AAMPO budget and UPWP, including preparation of quarterly reports. Provides at least quarterly updates to the Policy Board on progress on UPWP activities and tasks.
- Coordinates with CED Director to reflect AAMPO budget as part of overall departmental budget.
- Evaluates future budgetary requirements and presents funding options to the AAMPO Policy Board.
- Provides liaison with local, regional, state, and federal agencies, and community groups on funding issues, transportation planning issues, project priorities, regulatory mandates and limitations, and coordination concerns.
- At the direction of the Board, collaborates with other transportation and related endeavors of the OCWCOG which have implications for AAMPO.Project Management
- Coordinates specific projects tasks, including , budgets and timelines, in coordination with CED Director
- Determines, with the direction of the AAMPO Policy Board, tasks to be contracted and coordinates process to select contractors and monitor their work.Transportation Planning Management
- Prepares and assists with implementation of the MTP and other planning programs or project initiatives for the MPO, including surveys, studies, estimates, forecasts, and modeling.
- Analyzes and verifies compliance with federal, state and local mandates impacting program and project implementation and completion.
- Evaluates traffic model parameters and outputs for environmental analysis, traffic impact studies, and congestion management analysis.
- Prepares long-range planning studies for transportation facilities.
- Participates in multi-jurisdictional planning projects and programs related to transportation and community development.
- Advocates for the interests of the AAMPO and participates in the development of state policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- Prepares reports and makes presentations to the AAMPO Board, committees, member jurisdictions, special interest groups and the general public.