Rich Text Editor, tor__flistingLayout, Press ALT 0 for help
At Graham, our people drive packaging innovation for some of the most influential consumer brands in the world. To work with big brands, you need to be on the cutting edge, constantly reinventing the future and always willing to change.
Since our beginnings, this dynamic environment has forged a culture where you don't need to wonder where your next opportunity will come from -- the opportunities are all around you. All you have to do is take them.
With a global footprint of 100+ facilities across 16 countries and a committed team 7,000 strong, Graham Packaging offers you the ability to learn, the ability to grow and the ability to make your mark in a company that rewards doers, innovators and collaborators.
Join Graham Packaging Today
This position is located at our Bowling Green, KY plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Plant Engineer is responsible for performing technical and project engineering duties to improve plant manufacturing performance, reduce costs, improve methods, and assist in machine maintenance and reliability. Focus includes building and grounds maintenance, environmental responsibility, and strong support of electrical control systems and PLC processes. The primary job rotations of a Plant Engineer may include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Identifying and qualifying top prospects provided through our sources (soft leads).
- Developing customer specific value propositions, business cases, and ROI.
- Creating and maintaining pipeline and quickly qualifying opportunities and key strategic positions for each new prospect.
- Demonstrating a solid approach to the sales process with creativity and vision.
- Gaining customer commitment, building momentum and accelerating the sales cycle, while working with key influencers throughout the sales process to minimize issues at closing.
- Ensuring that all customer requirements are identified and met, driving volume and growth.
- Providing tactical, day to day management of support staff, including Sales Support Representatives, and Customer Service Representatives.
- Providing tactical, day to day management of all levels of customer engagement, including engineering, industrial design, supply chain, marketing, sourcing, and more.
- Planning and executing strategic growth strategies.
- Maintaining and growing relationships with all influential levels of the strategic customer organizations and the appropriate contacts at Graham Packaging to ensure we are aligned to customer success.
- Accurately managing all commercial information including customer forecasts, and new business potential.
- Updating all commercial databases including CR.
- Growing our market share with current customers, and key prospects.
- Creating value for and growing our tier 2 level customers; while converting key prospects to customers.
- Up to 70% travel may be required.